30 July 2013

An App That Sends A Breakup Text For You





Want to breakup with your significant other but can’t summon up the courage or the energy to send a text? Don’t worry, there’s now an app for that.



Created by Jack Levine and Lauren Leto, ‘Breakup Text’ is a tongue-in-cheek iPhone app that generates a long and dramatic breakup text.



All you have to do is answer a few simple questions like your gender, if the relationship was casual or serious, and the reason for breaking up, and the app will take care of the rest.



The duo were inspired by a friend’s romantic adventures in Hong Kong. They said, “There was at least one time when the girl didn’t respond — which obviously happens when you pick up people at the bar. So they thought it’d be hilarious to send really long, emotional, dramatic breakup texts.”



Check out this sample text created by the ‘Breakup Text’ app:



My dear Johnny, I know you’ve been wondering where I’ve been. I don’t know how to tell you this, but you know how Sara always acts like an idiot when wasted? Well, on our camping trip we saw a bear and she antagonized it. I know you hate when Sara acts like that. Well, I do as well. Because that bear unhinged his jaw and shoved me into his stomach. So yeah, I’m stuck in a bear. Somewhere upstate, it doesn’t feel like this guy moves a lot, I’d ask you to come find me and cut me out but maybe this is for the best, you know? We were fighting all the time, I hated my job, my parents are still upset I didn’t become a lawyer … as I sit in this dark acid hole, I can’t think of enough reasons to punch my way out. So remember me fondly, make it sound like I died a hero. Love you.



















[via Time, images via ‘Breakup Text’]