1 May 2015

This Instagram’s Colorful Feed Is The Perfect Pick-Me-Up To Your Day


Do you think the folks at the San Francisco Public Library would mind if I organized their entire reference section in colorlogical order? 3 shelves down, a million more to go! #colorsorganizedneatly #colorlogicalorder #colorlogical


San Francisco-based photographer Karen Doolittle’s Instagram might just be the thing to kick start your weekend on a cheery note.

Her feed is filled with rainbow-colored photos that exude vibes of happiness.

She said, “I came from a suburb of Los Angeles, and like a lot of teenagers, I kind of felt like I had a hard time. I didn’t really fit in. I grew up in a place where a lot of things were the same. The houses were the same where I lived. Everything was some variation of white, tan, beige, cream.

“I moved to San Francisco and I was just blown away. It’s one of the most vibrant, colorful places that I’ve ever been to in my life, and it kind of saved me in a way. It showed me that there was a whole big world out there, that there was a different way to be beautiful, a different way to be creative, a different way to be valuable.”

She added, “The use of the rainbow in my photos is both an ode to San Francisco and a symbolic statement about being your most vibrant, genuine self.

“It’s OK to be silly. Be yourself. Love the things that you love and share that with the world.”

End your work week with a dose of visual joy below and more over here.

This morning we had our first spring shower in San Francisco and now it's warm and fresh out! It's pretty special to see rain fall as the sun shines. And I get it, sometimes you just gotta have a good cry for a minute.🌈☔️☀️#spring #mytinyatlas

A photo posted by Karen Doolittle (@karendoolittle) on Mar 23, 2015 at 11:43am PDT




I got new socks so I thought I'd throw a little party for my feet πŸ˜ŠπŸŽ‰πŸŒˆπŸ˜» #fromwhereistand

A photo posted by Karen Doolittle (@karendoolittle) on Jan 24, 2015 at 2:11pm PST




It's a pretty grey day out so I thought I'd brighten things up bit. Climb up the gummy bear ladder to Sugar Rush Mountain! 🎨😝🌈 #gummygradients

A photo posted by Karen Doolittle (@karendoolittle) on Dec 8, 2014 at 1:41pm PST




Found this really cool game at Goodwill. It's like Rummy with colors instead of traditional card suits. Who wants to play?😊#🌈#🎨

A photo posted by Karen Doolittle (@karendoolittle) on Apr 28, 2015 at 5:33pm PDT




Magnegram #fromwhereistand #colorthefeeling

A photo posted by Karen Doolittle (@karendoolittle) on Mar 1, 2015 at 4:29pm PST




It may be raining but it's still BRIGHT out! #nofilter necessary ☔️⚡️🎨 #strideby #bepartofstreetart

A photo posted by Karen Doolittle (@karendoolittle) on Dec 17, 2014 at 3:40pm PST




Prism magic✨🌈

A photo posted by Karen Doolittle (@karendoolittle) on Jan 26, 2015 at 11:56am PST




Remember 🌈🌊 #colorthefeeling #roygbv

A photo posted by Karen Doolittle (@karendoolittle) on Jan 20, 2015 at 10:26am PST





[via Karen Doolittle]